Sluggish

Today is another day that I am so...yawn, stretch...sleepy.  I know it is hormonal as Aunt Flow is due for a visit anytime now, so I am taking it in stride.  So far this week I have been feeling a large lack of energy and my body is feeling extra noisy.  During yoga both yesterday and today, I was wishing for a slow lingering pace, stretches that last and when moving from a forward fold to a half-lift, I just wanted to stay folded.  Nevertheless, I stuck with it and feel like I am getting a lot out of it.  It is helping me to feel more awake in the mornings and that's a huge plus. 
Today's yoga theme was "Be Still" and we were not really still very much. LOL.  The hardest hold for me was the lizard, and we went onto our forearms and lifted the back leg and held it for what felt like forever.
From YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene

I was breathing heavy through that, but when I came out of it everything felt warm and good.  I have to admit, my legs have gotten weak over time. At this point, grasping my hands behind my back is also challenging and I don't know if its because my shoulders are tight or I have too much fat in the way, but it is something I hope will get better with time.
Last night as I got up from vegging on on my bed with my phone, I complained that my body isn't supposed to hurt anymore since I'm a Yoga Goddess now.  My husband jokingly asked if my original goal was to look hot or to have less pain.  I said that I don't want to have to look like an old lady all hunched over and walking strange because I got up from a certain position and my hips didn't get the memo that I change position.  He smirked and said, "OK, so you went for the hotness."  We chuckled and I was glad he could see the humor in it, he further told me I have to make sure I post about doing yoga on social media, and brag about being vegan as well, even if I'm not, because that's the stereotype and how everyone who brags about doing yoga is.  The truth is, yoga is no joke.  Some days I can get through it with little difficulty, but most days I am challenged at least a little, a lot of days I am moderately challenged.  I don't think I am losing a whole heap of weight, but I do feel like things are firming up a little, and movement, in general, is easier.
As planned, I will take my weight and measurements when this 30-day series is done (Monday) and then I will start my next 30-day series with Adriene because I'm used to her flow.
I have a happy feeling about the weekend being so close today, having these busier days really makes me appreciate the weekends even more.  It will be a busy weekend but a lot of the busy parts are the fun things.  I am still thinking about the goal of truly enjoying fall and have started looking at fall festivals in my area.  I am also thinking of making some apple cider from scratch or maybe even my favorite pie, Pumpkin.  This morning, having no pumpkin in the house, I simply added some cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger into my vanilla yogurt and it was so yummy I didn't want to see the bottom of the bowl! 
I realize a majority of the fall things I have been thinking about have focused around food and drink, but when I think of a good time in fall I think of walking in the leaves (maybe with a puffy vest or a cozy sweater, maybe I am sipping a warm apple cider too) or being outside in the fresh fall air. I also feel more creative in fall so maybe I will do some crafty things too.  I do think that being more active is what will help keep my spirits from sagging.
No PPF stuff to report right now.  Honestly, yesterday at work was so stressful with non-stop demands, and I got my lunch break so late (2pm) that by the time I sat in front of the massive boxes of pizza (the doctor ordered it for us since his technicians had to work through lunch), I had a pretty big binge.  I was alone in the luchroom with the pizza, my first lunch break I have gotten in a while (we are really short-staffed so I haven't been getting a lunch break lately).  I didn't want to stop eating it, even though it wasn't even the best pizza.  I ate until I was a notch past full and I prayed that my stomach wouldn't turn on me from all that grease.  I was lucky.  I ate very little the rest of the evening, feeling that pizza sit like a brick in my stomach.  I didn't handle my stress.  Eating didn't make it go away, but it took my focus off my stress for a while.  I will be more aware of the trigger next time and hopefully I can remain in control.  This week I am struggling with food, this is typical with this time of the month, and I know it will pass soon so I am trying not to hyperfocus on it.  I'm still mostly eating my planned meals and snacks and will continue, that pizza was just an unplanned thing and I let my stress and being over-hungry weaken me to it.  It's not the end of the world, and I'm grateful that these times are much fewer and farther between than they once were. Sometimes these hard-to-notice little changes behind the scenes are the ones that make all the difference in the end. 
The weekend is coming!  I plan to catch up on a little sleep and enjoy the still-nice weather while it lasts.  I'm itching to decorate for Halloween but I've been holding off because I don't want to look odd putting it up so early.  Maybe looking odd isn't so bad.  I may not have time and energy together in one place this weekend so we'll see. 
Whatever it is you do this weekend, I hope you thoroughly enjoy it! 

Comments

  1. I am so looking forward to the comfortable weather expected this weekend. September and October are my favorite months! Thank you for your cheerful post.
    I know what you mean about the unplanned food - letting yourself get too hungry is not good. Keep up the good work with the planned meals as best as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! I sure hope the fall weather makes you feel right as rain this weekend!

      Delete
  2. I think I would end up on the floor in a pile of fat and bones if o attempted the lizard pose...not ready for that one yet! I’ve been doing the foundational series with her...short 5-10 minutes on each pose and it really focuses on doing them right ...different levels of right. But I’m thinking about swinging back to do a 30 day now that I’m getting a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryFran, I do think that would be a great series. I thought it was only one video but now I see there are more. I may have to try some of those too. My goal now is to cycle through all of her 30-day series and then do random ones. It kicks my butt in a good way!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts