Restart...Again

The total lack of dedication and commitment showed, for the first time in nearly a year, on the measuring tape this morning.  Yikes, I knew I felt flabbier, and the proof was right in front of me.  I value the reading from the measuring tape far more than the scale, which has only fluctuated a few pounds despite.  Now, I'm not saying it was a huge gain in any one spot, but it is there.  So depressing.  Not that I didn't know what I was doing, and what the result would be, it just stings a little bit to see it in concrete terms.
But I am in a good place today, as this is my official "restart".  Back to Phase 1 I go, and so far, it is a non-issue.  It has been a very productive morning for me, in the way of taking care of phone calls and faxes that needed to be made both personally, and involving my work.  There is a great sense of accomplishment in that, and it has completely distracted me from thinking about food.  I know that won't always be the case, but for now I am going to take it as the gift it is.  I decided to go back to the ketogenic phase because it will help me break my cravings for sugar, which I have created by eating the very thing.  I generally feel very good on the low carb phase of the South Beach, so it isn't that hard for me to stick to it.  I will decide whether I want to do it for 1 or 2 weeks as I go.  The sugar cravings usually subside easily within a day or two.
I did some low-intensity interval walking this morning, as I am planning a weight session on my lunch hour, providing I don't have to deliver the kids to the babysitter.  The inconsistency of my schedule irritates me, but it's not impossible.  At least I have the equipment at my home so I don't have to try to find time to get to the gym.  Not that I wouldn't love to go to a gym, it's just not in the cards for me right now, timewise.
My journey began 10 months ago, and while I knew I would struggle at some point, I'm glad it's happening now instead of earlier, where I likely would have decided it's too hard and given up.  This restart feels a bit like it did in the begining, I know I've got some challenges ahead, but I also know nothing is impossible.  Who knows, by next summer I could be in a bikini! ha ha.
Here's hoping you are all having a fantastic Monday!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts