Umm College...Wait, What Was I Saying Again?

I am officially a college student.  Again.  The start of the week had me questioning my sanity, as I am twice the age of most of my classmates, but I got into my groove like I always do.  I am taking a class on abnormal psychology of the child and a class on adolescence (human development).  Since my sons are both autistic, I am naturally fascinated, and both have open-book exams, so I expect to be able to ace both. 
The first few classes of any semester really bring out anxiety in me, finding my classes, adjusting to the others in the room, and establishing myself as the coolest one are challenging, especially when all the others are half my age.  But, even though I am not exactly all the way where I want to be, I am not where I was.  And that has done wonders for my self-esteem.  I don't think I would have had the courage to go back to college without that being true. 
So where am I at?  Instead of blogging this week, I have used the time to get a little head start on my homework.  The week went somewhat as planned, somewhat the same as the past month has gone, about 75% on plan.  And, I gave myself the leniancy because I knew I would be stressed out and anxious. 
Yesterday, despite having an inner-ear issue making me mighty dizzy, I ran intervals at 5mph, with my last interval at 6mph, which still feels like a sprint.  Not so sure I can train myself to run that fast for that long in only 3 1/2 months.  And I'm really not sure how to go about it.  I may do some research this weekend before my next run on Sunday.  I have found that my focus has shifted to school and I have been a little unenthused about the 5k, but maybe once school becomes part of the routine, the focus will shift again. 
It has been feeling like spring around here, with temperatures much warmer than usual and even some rain, most of the snow has melted, and I am once again looking at patches of lawn that should be dead and frozen under several feet of snow.  I don't mind, it actually makes me feel like I need to be working toward a body I will be proud to show off this summer, and procrastination is only going to have me sitting idle in the same spot I've always been.  But the dream of summer is one I do like to linger in.  This year, I vow not to take one minute of summer for granted. 
Wow!  School has really numbed my brain.  What a boring blog!  I'll be back again once I have something more interesting to say. 
Happy weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts