Yawn! Monday Again?

The weekend did not cure what ailed me, unfortunately, and I woke this morning wishing it was still Saturday.  Not that I had a particularily crazy weekend, but I felt very drained and tired/sore for the entirety of it.  I spent a lot of time interacting with my kids, playing lot of games and watched a little football.  My food was as I expected, and as I have come to allow, pizza on Friday, our favorite restaurant on Saturday, and a few sweet treats thrown in for good measure.  The good news is that, I am slowly taking back my weekends, so that not everything I put in my mouth on the weekend is bad.
I intentionally rested on Saturday, as I was feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, still sore from last week and feeling the sinus pressure spreading to my stuffy ear.  I knew I needed to take it easy.  I didn't even do the much-needed housework on Saturday.  OK, so it might have been an excuse to not do housework, but my kids got lavished with attention. 
Yesterday, as is the case most Sundays, I had to work my workout schedule around my husband's.  We are usually wanting to go at the same time, but that doesn't work with kids.  So I let him go first.  He goes to the gym and generally takes about 2 1/2 hours, but I figured it might be good for me to eat and have time for it to digest before I attempted to run.  My body was still all sore, but I talked myself into believing it was not as sore as the previous day.  So I did some heavy duty house cleaning, scrubbing the bathroom to a brilliant shine.  Having only one bathroom in a household with 3 males in it, means it is a challenge to keep it clean!  By the time my husband got back from the gym, I was feeling exhausted, for no real reason.  I felt like, not only should I not be running, I wanted to be laying down taking a nap.  I never nap.  But I had planned to run on Sunday, so by George, I gave it the old college try.  I decided I was going to try and run 5mph for one mile.  I had a decent warm up and then...5mph felt like 10mph.  I could only keep it up for 3 minutes, and then after a failed attempt to keep going at 4.5mph, I decided to walk at a moderate pace.  After a few minutes I ran at 4.5mph for another 3 minutes, and then it became brutally evident that I should not be running.  Nothing felt good about it.  I walked for an additional ten minutes to cool down, and called it a day.  I hate when a workout doesn't go well.  Not that I was certain I could run a mile at 5mph, but I thought I could do better than that.  When I am in my normal condition, I am sure I can, I was just so off yesterday. 
It had me worrying about my 5K, and thinking maybe I'm not cut out for it.  I know I can finish it, but I'm not really sure how to train myself into a better finish time.  I will do some research, and I have a few friends who also run, so I am not without my resources. 
Later that night, my husband was contacted by a very powerful person who wants to work with him.  This man is the former art director of one of the biggest fashion houses in the world, and he wants to work with my husband, to do a fashion shoot and "build something".  He is from Paris and co-created a very well-reviewed fashion magazine about urban culture.  I won't devulge his name until something more concrete happens, right now it is just a Facebook correspondence (initiated by this man) and a mutual desire to work together.  It has the potential to be the big break we have been so certain would happen this year.  I have been so excited, it is hard to think of anything else.
But alas, there is still the rest of our world.  We still had to get up and get the kids on the bus, and get to work.  I, getting bombarded with calls from people wondering, "Are my glasses ready yet?" *sigh* and my husband driving his forklift around, lifting dangerously heavy loads in dangerous, and un-heated warehouse.  It is fun to dream about the posibilities though.
This week, I am going to rest as many days as I need in order to feel recuperated.  Not sure what will come of my workouts this week, but I am going to try to keep the diet right on track.  Have intentionally added some extra veggies and changed up my fruit selection this week, to get me out of my dietary rut. 
Have a good Monday, friends.  My quasi-famous fairytales return tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts