Life is Sweet

Today was one of those super rare, lucky days where I woke up feeling awesome!  I am guessing it has something to do with my Monthly starting because I've been low on energy and a little crabby the past couple days, but not today.  I must say, though, that "crabby" when I'm eating better is a lot less edgy than when I'm not, and easier to talk myself out of.  For instance, my husband and I were cleaning up the house last night and he was unhappy with how I'd left some of my baking dishes with food on them (from making my recipes on Saturday) and normally I would have wallowed in guilt but last night I thought to myself, that was irresponsible of me, but I deserve a day off from time to time.   Beside, he was busy loading the dishwasher, which made me happy, so I just sort of said "I know I should've washed that out but I was being lazy after all that work making awesome recipes!"  And it was easy for me to let it go.  That was refreshing.  Also, the reason we were tidying up the place during the week (the horror!) is because my son has to stay after school to finish work he didn't get done, and my father-in-law is going to bring him home for us.  Normally I would have spent so much time and energy making the place as perfect as I could in the little time I had before bed.  It has been a little draining how little free time I get after work too, but instead of being stressed or irritated by it I declared out loud, "Tomorrow I am going to chill a little."  and I realized that while it isn't how I wanted to spend that time, it really is nice to have the house cleaner, and it was nice to have help! 
By the time we were done cleaning up, it was later than I like to take baths so I decided to try a new facial treatment I picked up at Target:
Since my sinuses were bothering me all yesterday, I let a hot washcloth sit on my face while I breathed in the steam, then I slathered this all over my face and neck.  It is so creamy and luxurious and WOW does it smell FANTASTIC!!!  After 10 minutes of drying I washed it away and put on some of my favorite face lotion:
My skin felt SOOOO GOOD!  I felt like I'd just been to the spa, and my skin looks amazing!  So I truly felt pampered, despite my brain whining that I didn't get to do something that I wanted to do (hot soak in the tub).  I could get used to this whole pampering myself thing.  It feels really good to know that the things I am using to make myself feel good actually help my body instead of hurting them.  This weekend I am going to go out and buy a big jar of that mud so I can give myself the spa treatment whenever I need a little lift.  I feel like it made me look 5 years younger, but maybe that's just how good it made me feel! 
Foodwise, things are smooth and stress-free.  The company bought sweet bagles and rolls from Panera as a way of showing appreciation for our work.  They were lovely and it was a sweet gesture, but I didn't eat any.  And, I really didn't want to or have to fight with myself over it, I just simply thought, Aw, how sweet and grabbed my greek yogurt from the fridge. 
It's really the little things in life, isn't it?  I don't need to eat sweets, life is sweet enough on it's own, isn't it?

Comments

Popular Posts