Better

I am happy to report that I am in better spirits today.  I am still in the same rut that I've been in for a few weeks, teetering between the same few pounds, but I have plans to see if I can't change that, so there is a break in the clouds up ahead.  I haven't done my weight training yet today, which means I either have to hurry and crank it out in the next hour before the kids get home, or I will be fighting for floor space just to get it done.  The rebellious brat inside of me is tempting, no daring me to skip it.  I am not going to give myself the option.  NOT skipping a workout, even when we want to, is the sacrifice we make in order to reach our goals.  I have been less than inspired lately, due to my ridiculous ritual of weighing myself every morning, and seeing no results recently, but I am finding that inspiration comes from accomplishing.  If I do my workout and really pour my whole self into it, I will be reinspired.  I think.
I would like to thank Debbie Ex Yo-Yo Dieter for giving me a "Stylish Blogger" award!  As a newbie, Debbie was one of only four people I was following, and I am extremely honored that she not only read my post, but gave me this recognition, since she is someone who inspires me with her blog. 
So, in receiving this award, the rules are:
1. Thank and link to the person who gave you the award
2.  Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award other blogs that you've recently discovered, and contact them to tell them so.
Now, I was supposed to name 15 others with the award, but I will start with the five I have recently found, as it will be a long process for me!  Here are the gems I've discovered, not in any particular order.
1. Nat Nat the Fat Rat I wish I could write like her.  And take photos like her, for that matter!
2. Bothered Things That Bother Me funny blog, and I agree with so much of it!
3. Simple Dude Simple Dude in a Complex World  My husband and I share chuckles over this one together
4. Mad Marshy Marshy She's the kind of person I could just spend hours in a coffee shop with
5. Tamara One Last Kick at the Cat motivating and funny.  I can almost hear her accent, and I love a good accent!
So now I will try not to bore you with my 7 things.
1. I have this funny tendency to acquire symptoms of whatever disease I am researching.  There must be a term for people like me.  Psychosomatic schizophrenia?  Case in point, my boys are both on the Autism Spectrum, and whenever I research it, I am completely convinced that I too am Autistic.  Never mind genetics.  ADHD, thyroid problems, depression, I have it all!  One would think I would  be wiser to spend my time researching things like how to win the lottery.

2. Writing the number 5 (and, a lower-case, cursive q for that matter) more than a few times in a row, is like fingernails on a chalboard to me.  It literally makes me nauseous.

3. I am nearly 40 and still completely clueless about what I want to be when I grow up.  I am completely jealous of people who have a dream, no matter how far-fetched, and chase it.  One should not have to force themself to think of a dream job and yet, here I am.  Well, I still have 30 good working years left to figure it out!

4.I LOATHE snow.  I grew up in the midwest and loved it as a kid, but after living in sunny Las Vegas for 5 years, and returning to it, I hate it.  This is our 2nd winter back in the midwest and I am cursing it.  I hate the fact that my feet are NEVER warm.  I hate that it makes me terrified to drive even trivial distances.  I hate that it makes my entire world salty.  I miss Las Vegas.

5. I am addicted to caffeine and kind of proud of it.

6. I am writing a book.  Who isn't, right?  It is about the crazy people I helped while working in a convenience store for 8 years, with a love story thrown in for good measure.  I worked in a fairly small city, and we all know that small cities breed the craziest folks in all the land.

7. In 2009 I was chosen, from thousands of applicants, to provide vision services to the needy people in Phayao, Thailand.  In our two week clinic, we gave away nearly 25,000 pairs of eye glasses and exam services.  It is something I am so proud to have been a part of, and an experience I will never forget.

And that, is all the more I will reveal about myself.  Today.

Comments

Popular Posts