Weighting Game

I think I am finally gaining some footage on those extra pounds I put on during Christmas.  I was getting pretty irritated that the scale hadn't moved for almost two weeks, and then this morning, finally, back down to 180.  The difference?  I drank more liquids yesterday.  I have been feeling like I've been retaining water a lot lately, and the best way to deal with that is to drink more fluids to wash the excess out.  Drinking fluids also helps your body metabolize, so if you are dehydrated, you aren't going to lose as fast, even if you are doing everything else correctly.  So, I am going to make a conscious effort to drink more good stuff!  I usually have a bunch of coffee in the morning and switch to sugar-free drink mix after, but since it has been cold lately, I've been drinking more hot tea, including green tea, which is full of antioxidants and helpful in weight loss.  I will take all the help I can get right now!
So I am entering week six of my workout plan, and this is the last week of the weight program I've been following.  My husband has agreed to design something for me, and I will certainly post what it is once I have it, in case anyone wants to follow along.  If you saw how he can transform his body, you would understand why I feel so lucky to have a tool like this at my disposal!
So, at the end of six weeks of doing things right, I have lost 12 pounds and several inches, created a few new recipes, and found the joy of trying on clothes in sizes that haven't fit me in years.  What have I lost?  A few hours of lounging on the couch, eating garbage that would make me feel horrible, a little bit of self hatred, and a lot of self-doubt.  There is no competition.  Feeling good makes everything else hum!

Comments

Popular Posts