Did it Anyway

I didn't sleep well again last night.  It was strange because yesterday, despite cutting off the caffeine hours earlier than usual, I felt so energetic all day.  My sleep interrruptions were more from thunderstorms moving through, and a nagging tickle in my throat.  At any rate, I got into my coziest sleep less than an hour before the alarm went off, so by the time it did go off, I was so startled that my heart felt like it was racing.  I felt really tired, my ears felt a little stuffy, my throat a little sore.  In the past, I would have given myself the day off and slept in a little.  But this program is keeping me on track.  Part of it is because it's planned out so well, I don't want to mess up the steps because I know I won't get the most benefit from it doing things in a different order.  Part of it is my drive, I really want there to be an impressive difference when I take my picture at the end of the 12 weeks. 
Today was leg day, and I was really not feeling like doing it, but I knew as soon as I got my first set of leg extensions in, that I would be warm and ready to go.  I was able to increase the weight on some things, and stayed the same on others, but it felt doable.  I know I'll be sore from the workout, but if my upper body is any indication, recovery seems to be happening much quicker than last week, so a temporary soreness is no big deal.  I am still supplementing with branch chain amino acids, which help the muscle recover/repair, I take it before and after my workouts.  I'm not taking vitamins consistently, that's why I've had the same bottle (a 90 day supply) for more than 5 months, and I still have a bunch left.  I don't enjoy taking them.  I do put flax on my oatmeal in the morning, and get more essential fatty acids from macadamia nut oil added to my evening meal.  I am still finding all of the food tastey and am not having any problem sticking to the diet.  I am happy to report that!
So tomorrow is my last day of training for week two, and then I get three days of rest before I head into week 3.  Next week, there are some changes in the program, the order of workouts changes, and there is an extra workout added.  I haven't weighed myself in the past few days, but I can see a difference in the mirror.  Particularily my lower stomach/hips, they are getting flatter.  Because they were so big, it looks really odd to me to see them flatten out, but I know they are going somewhere good.  Years ago, I read that first area you lose weight is the last area that gained weight.  I don't know if it's true, but I can see changes and it makes me happy.  It is worth the work.  My goal for the next few days, is to stretch at least once a day.  It really does help, and it makes me feel good.  Being stiff makes me feel old.  I already have grey hair to do that for me! 
Well, I feel a little brain-dead today, so I won't go on forever like normal.  I hope you are all having a terrific week, plotting your goals and crushing them!  Keep pushing through, Friday's on it's way!

Comments

  1. Good going, it sounds like you are really seeing results. A proper plan like yours really s the way to go. I tend to go to gym and make it up as I go along. I should organise myself better. And I put linseeds in my porridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you are going to the gym and working out! I love the seeds in my oatmeal, and they're so good for you!
      The program I'm following is for men and women, and it's free, copy and paste this link if you want to check it out: bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts