Addicted to Walking

This morning's walk was in the rain, and I had such a fantastic time doing it that I didn't even feel the 2.5 miles that I walked.  Walking gives me the opportunity to think about stuff and make plans for whats to come.  I did find myself restless again, I guess that's probably going to be a huge problem for me, especially this week, because I am excited about visiting my friend and filled with bittersweet anxious waiting to see what will happen with "the plan".  
I found myself restless more than once today, and I wanted to take another walk, but I talked myself out of it.  Instead, when my husband went to the gym, I did a lower body resistance session.  I was able to do squats without knee pain, (which is a huge deal for me) but not lunges.  It's ok, I was never a huge fan of lunges, I think at this point I need more strength in my lower body before I do lunges in order to have the form be correct so it doesn't hurt my knee.  I did deadlifts, clamshells and some intense leg lifts for my glutes that really killed them, and I planked twice.  I was a shakey mess, and I know that's good, I still have to change my mindset on it though.  I was laughing at how trashed my lower body was.  I held up better than I expected but I am going to be sore for the next few days.  I really wanted to go walking outside again, but I refrained  because I know doing too much cardio can actually detract from muscle you're trying to build.  Not that it's that big of a deal, I was just trying to get rid of that restless-on-a-beautiful-day feeling.  I finally settled into the sun with my book, just listening to the birds as I read the simply brilliant lessons from the Dalai Lama.  It was so peaceful and wonderful, and I was delighted to be doing something to take my mind out of that place of feeling like I'm spinning my tires and getting nowhere.  
I think it is key that I keep myself busy this week or I'll go insane!  Thank goodness I only work 4 days then I'm hitting the road to my bestie's house.  This week needs to fly by.  Hopefully I'll have news to tell by this time next week.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts