Fudgesicles and snow

Mmmmmm!  I just got done indulging in a sugar-free fudgesicle.  They are approved in the South Beach Diet,and since it is such a treat, I let it melt slowly on my tongue, enjoying every minute.  Fudgesicles have saved me in the past.  Lets face it, there will always be times when it is tempting to reach for sweets, especially when the hormornes are a bit 'unbalanced', and to me, the sugar-free fudgesicles taste so chocolately and real that it feels like a total indulgence.  Sugar-free pudding is the same, but if you are keeping your junk calories under 100, you only get one cup. 
I bought the fudgesicles in a sort of celebration of the great things that have happened this week.  My first thing to celebrate is the beginning of this new journey and the hope of it leading me back to health.  The second thing I am celebrating is the fact that I landed two job interviews this week!  I have been job hunting for more than 2 months now, and have only had three interviews, and that includes today's.  I have one more scheduled for Friday.  Just getting the interviews feels like a breakthrough of sorts.  I can't wait to get back to being productive!
The snow has arrived, and the driving conditions are dreadful, but even though I am not a fan of it, I am in such a great place right now, mentally, that I told myself I am not going to let it get me down.  If I analyze how much time I spend actually driving in it, it's not much, and there (hopefully) less than 4 months of the heavy stuff left.  Last year the winter seemed to go by fast.  I don't mind the cold, I don't even mind the snow, I just hate driving in it.
I have to make note of what is going on with my body.  My blood pressure medicine has a slight diuretic and a lack of planning and laziness  meant I went without my medicine for 3 days.  Horrible, I know.  The reason I mention it is, my weight on Monday morning was 192, but I didn't consider that my "starting weight" because I knew that once I got back on my meds Monday evening, that that number would drop due to the diuretic.  The following morning, yesterday, I was 189.  This morning I was 186.  I am not sure how much of this loss is from the diuretic and how much from the diet.  I do know that the reason you lose so much on the first two weeks of this diet is due to the lowering of carbs.  Carbs allow your body to retain water, so when you aren't eating as much of them, you lose water weight.  Anyway, I wanted to be sure to mention it, so that it is clear that my results might not be typical this first week.  I would think it would be evening out by now.  I will weigh tomorrow, just to see if there is any significant change, but I am not expecting.  The lowest I have ever been, since starting the South Beach Diet, is 182 so I am not sure where my true starting weight is, but for the majority of the "off" time, I was around 186.  Just to be certain of my true progress, I took my measurements today, and will be posting my weight loss progress on a weekly basis, and my measurements on a monthly basis.  Who knows, I may even get a picture or two posted at some point!

Comments

Popular Posts