I am so out of it today!  I slept horribly last night.  Part of the issue was that right before I went to bed, I saw a spider descending down onto the dresser right next to where I sleep.  I tried to squish it, but my slow reflexes meant he got away.  Oh great!  Now that's all I'm going to think about while I'm trying to sleep.  I tried to convince myself it would be silly to lose sleep over something so small in comparison to my enormous size, but it didn't work.  I stayed up a bit, watching one of my favorite movies, and every so often got up and turned on the light to see if I could catch that bugger creeping around.  After 1/12 hours I decided to get some sleep.  I pulled the blankets over my entire body except my nose and slep restlessly for a little more than an hour and a half.  Then, feeling like I was being stalked, I got out of bed and turned on the lights to see if I could find it.  I had my favorite spider-fighting weapons in hand, hairspray and a shoe.  Sure enough, as soon as I caught sight of him he made his way over to my bed and started descending down the wall right by my pillow.  When he got about a foot above my bed, SPLAT!  Got him with the shoe.  I was certain I would sleep great after my victory, but my grumbling belly kept me awake.  Did you ever notice how hard it is to sleep when your stomach is growling?  I think it has something to do with blood sugars and seratonin.  I got up and ate 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter.  I was awake 1 1/2 hours later with my belly growling again, this time it felt like I was on an extreme amount of caffeine, I felt WIRED!  So I grabbed two low-fat string cheese sticks, quickly gobbled them down, and finally, warm, peaceful sleep took over my body. 
When  I woke, my head felt thick and stuffy, I felt like all I wanted to do was go back to bed, but I had kids to get to the bus stops and a job interview this morning.  It is so cold out today, 12 degrees, with windchill, 0 or below.  The cold didn't wake me up, it made my eyes water.  I did my interval cardio, which felt forced but did warm me up a little and helped ease my slightly stiff leg muscles, from yesterday's work out.  I relaxed for an hour or so, having my famous eggs and turkey bacon, this time with some spinach, a Diet Coke, and a couple cups of coffee with sugar free creamer and splenda-type stuff.  I got all spiffed up for my interview and I could tell it was not going to go good.  Part of it was just due to how out of it I feel, but the other is because I don't really want the job.  It is for a company I have worked for in the past, and it's a good company, but the hours are kind of sucky.  The nights I would work til close, I wouldn't even get to see my kids except when I drop them off for school in the morning.  That is a pretty big price to pay for a job.  I am hoping for the job at the hospital.  The atmosphere, hours/days and type of job is desirable to me.
Anyway, I took a few "Before" photos that I feel comfortable enough with to post.  Don't get me wrong, they are hideous!  The shirt is one I got from doing an eye clinic in Thailand.  At the time, I was a bit bigger and was horrified that the biggest size shirt they had was 2X, but it was a gift from our hosts and everyone was wearing them one day at clinic, so I had to stretch it out over my knees to get it to fit!  Today it fits quite comfortably, but that may be a result of the stretching still.  The shorts are my husband's.  I don't own any shorts, but maybe next summer that will change.  I would NEVER tuck my shirt in, but did it so everyone can see the horror!  I am feeling good about the choices I'm making, so I think it's time to post the "befores". 
Sometimes I wonder if anyone will read this blog?  Anyone out there?  But watching one of my favorite movies, "Julie and Julia" always inspires me to keep going.  There are probably thousands of people blogging about losing weight, but if I inspire or help even one person, then there was a reason for doing all this.  Only 236 more days until the contest ends.


Popular Posts