Cheesecake and Such

Tuesday always seems to go a little smoother than Monday for me.  Things get back into my normal 8-5 work schedule and I start counting down days til the weekend.  I didn't see Elliot because there were no orders going out or coming in.  I'm not even sure it would have been him anyway, the girl does it most of the time now.  It is a bit of a downer, but nothing I can do about it.  
I don't know if it's the weather (so stinking cold again) or allergies/sinus pressure or what, but I have had low energy since last weekend.  Could have a little to do with the fact that I don't see Elliot much anymore.  His smile brightens my day, and I like to imagine it's just for me.  With my lower energy level I have noticed myself wanting to eat junk for a perceived quick boost.  Over the weekend we ate out two times again, and I had wine.  Then yesterday was my husband's birthday so I had a piece of cheesecake with my family.  It tasted so good-my first real sugar-laiden treat since starting back on South Beach.  I was worried that it'd trigger sugar cravings but it only caused an aweful feeling in my gut and the too-sweet shudders.  We went for a walk afterword, but I was not in the mood.  My hips began hurting early into the walk and the brisk wind was a little uncomfortable.  
Today I was in a great mood.  I felt well-rested and my hair turned out good, I even had some sales for the first time in a while.  But it was the girl doing the pickup again.  Boo.  When I got home, I laced up my shoes and hit the pavement with my husband.  Again, my hips began hurting fairly early in the walk.  I will have to figure that whole thing out.  I may have to switch activities while I sort things out. I know I have to get more stretching in and strength training.  All in good time!
Falling asleep as I type this, gonna go catch some zzzzz's.  Tomorrow is another day, and one day closer to the weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts