Event in the Bag

I am happy to report that my marathon event is finally done!  Everything leading up to it felt rushed and chaotic, and I even got a little excited in the flurry of activity.  
We had a lot of people through our booth, but not a lot of sales, so it ended up being more of a networking event.  Financially speaking, not an immediate success.  I felt bad for our rep who got a hotel, a $2,000 display tent, and had a long drive home afterward.  I was really happy when it was done, it was a lot of sensory overload.  The other department from my clinic was Sports Medicine, and they were doing free injury consultation wrapping and massage.  There was always a line, they were always assessing and taping.  It made me think about what running does to the body and I'm glad I'm not all hung up on not being able to run like I once was.  I'll leave that for those who've got something to prove.  
I have bee going through some mental things which I know I struggled with last time too.  I feel like I should look better after all the clean eating and exercise I've been doing. When those thoughts come into my mind I have to remember that I am where I am and I can't magically change that. If I keep on the same course the changes I'm looking for will come.  Besides, even at this size I am getting attention.
Speaking of which, I finally saw Elliot again on Friday.  I was helping some ladies pick out glasses and I was so surprised when he came in that right in front of them I exclaimed, "Hey!  I didn't think I was ever going to see you again!" He smiled and blushed so hard and we exchanged 'happy Friday's' and 'have a good weekend's'.  My mood immediately lifted a little.  And I got a lot of work done!
Friday night I got groceries after work and by the time I got home at 7 pm I was wanting Domino's pizza, so we ordered pizza for the first time in about 2 months.  It tasted amazing!  I could really taste the pepper in the sauce and the garlic in the crust.  I had 2 pieces at dinner and one more after having a few glasses of wine.  That was a great cheat meal!  
I walked 2.5 miles yesterday morning before the event and spent the day on my feet so I crashed a little when I got home.  I am looking forward to a mellow Sunday today, maybe get out with the family somewhere.  I will probably save any activity for whatever we go do as I'm still feeling a little burnt out.  
I'm looking forward to getting back into my regular groove now that this event is behind me.  Call me boring but I like routine.  
Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

Comments

Popular Posts