Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Feels Good

Every year around springtime, there is one song that stands out and really takes my mood to a whole nother level.  Usually it is a song that is older, whether or not it brings back a particular memory.  I am perpetually behind the trends, and heavily influenced by the likes of (in this case) Ellen.  When I hear said song, I feel the need to youtube-stalk it until I decide it is worth paying the $1.29 to download (lest it be just a fluke because I am already in a good mood), and then finally, I break down and buy it and play it over and over and over.  Last year it was Rob Base's "It Takes Two".  I still play that song way more than anyone on the planet I bet.  This year's winner is (drumroll) "Low" by Flo Rida.  For some reason, that song is just hitting the right nerve right now.
I am still going through a bunch of weird body image issues right now, mostly my mind playing tricks on me.  I know, logically, that I only about halfway to my goal, but since I can wear smaller sized clothing, my mind is telling me I should look better than I do.  Everything in the middle of me is so ugly yet.  I am totally cool with it because I know it will be gone eventually, but it still messes with my mind from time to time.  But, it also reminds me where I came from.  Still, I was in a good mood this morning, and felt like finding something new and cute to wear, to remind myself that I am already starting to look better.  All the clothes I tried on looked OK, but not great.  Then I found these shoes:
Now, summers for me, mean long skirts or maybe capri pants if I find a pair I like.  I usually wear Converse One Star shoes, because they make me feel very punk.  But when I saw these hot shoes, I knew I had to have them.  And once I tried them on, I knew that this summer, my clothing choices will have to include some short-shorts and mini skirts.  I am stoked about how great my legs look with these shoes!

They've always been my most muscular body part, my best physical asset, now I have the confidence to show them off.  Just as soon as I learn how to walk in these babies!  I got a lot of practice today, because I didn't want to take them off, they make me feel fabulous!  And everyone should feel that way, no matter what size they are!

2 comments:

  1. You look great in them! Although they don't look very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tony! True, I definitely won't be wearing them for any cardio sessions, but they served their purpose of lifting my spirits and making me feel good about my progress. I never could understand why so many women were hung up on shoes, now I am starting to understand it a little.

    ReplyDelete